Hone Your Mentoring Technique (Good article from HRlink)
"Tips for becoming a better mentor:
• Establish a partnership that helps your protege learn.
• Foster discovery. Thought-provoking questions are more powerful than smart answers.
• Allow for mistakes. They are necessary for growth.
• Put your protege at ease by being authentic, open and sincere.
• Act more like a friend than a boss.
• Give feedback that helps your protege improve his performance.
• Continue your support after meetings.
• If your mentoring relationship isn’t working, discuss your concerns."
The full article is here: http://hrlink.in/topics/mentoring-101 and is worth a quick read!