• How clear is the meaning of your message? Do you adequately explain the thinking behind what you are saying. A good start is… "I want to discuss xyz because…. etc. Let your motive be known very early on.
• How clear is your delivered message. Are the words you are using appropriate to the listener? Being clear to them requires simplicity and using words appropriate to the other party.
• What’s the attitude you are conveying and is it appropriate for the listener. Tone pitch and pace can convey as much as the words you are speaking, in fact often convey more than the mere words.
• Is your body language and gestures in in line with your words and your delivery? Make sure your stance and gestures show a relaxed, confident style. Be open in your stance and look at the other person in the appropriate manner.
• How succinct is your message? One of the most common complaints I hear is that many people waffle on or go round in circles rather than getting to the point. Short sweet and well considered sentences and words are best.